- Take some time to think about inquiry learning and information literacy. Now write down what you know about it.
Process of research, finding out information. Information Literacy process involves six stages – define, plan, research, analyse, present, evaluate. Teacher and student work collaboratively, from teacher directed to student directed. Carol Kuhlthau – Guided Inquiry.
2. How interested are you in this topic? Check one box that best matches your interest.
Not at all ☐ not much ☐ quite a bit ☐ a great deal √
3. How much do you know about this topic? Check one box that best matches how much you know.
Nothing ☐ not much ☐ quite a bit √ a great deal ☐
4. When you do research, what do you generally find easy to do? Please list as many things as you like.
Defining the topic. Researching using search engines such as Google. Writing a bibliography. Presenting information found. Organising note taking
5. When you do research, what do you generally find difficult to do? Please list as many things as you like.
Changing information found into my own words. Using correct search terms with search engines. Using scholarly databases for searching. Analysing and evaluating information found